What is a Registered Marriage and Family Therapist Intern?

I have a master’s degree in Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy and I’m required to obtain 3,000 hours of supervised experience prior to sitting for the state licensing exam. I’ve currently accumulated 2,100 hours of supervised experience.


One of the advantages to seeing a pre-licensed therapist is that I’m not too far removed from graduate school and I’m up to date on the latest therapy research. Another advantage or working with a pre-licensed therapist is that I’m able to offer my counseling services at a reduced rate.





Hit SUBSCRIBE to receive your 5 Tips and to sign up for our Newsletter!

You have Successfully Subscribed!